If you have visited us in person, you have likely interacted with people serving on our Welcome Teams. On Sunday mornings we have volunteers strategically positioned in the parking lot, at the entrances, behind the Welcome Desk, and on your way into the auditorium to intentionally welcome and assist everyone who walks through the door.
The Welcome Teams exist to help with the church-wide mission to guide people into a growing relationship with Jesus. They do this by actively meeting the needs of and serving the church community, including visitors and guests. Volunteers get to use the specific passions, talents, gifts and experiences that God has equipped them with, to serve the congregation each Sunday morning.
Do you enjoy waving at people in cars and directing traffic? How about making coffee and serving it up with a smile? Serving on the Welcome Teams is a super easy and fun way to take a step toward getting more involved in the life of the church. Here are some specific jobs people on our Welcome Teams perform:
- Event Staff - Assisting and seating guests in the main auditorium, placing stage props, facilitating offering.
- Guest Services - Monitoring the Welcome Desk by answering questions, directing people to the correct area of the church, and helping connect people into the various ministries of Brazos Fellowship.
- Hospitality - Making coffee, helping keep the refreshments area tidy, and being willing to interact with guests as they build their drink.
- Greeters - We consider this the front line of our ministry! Welcome families who have made it through their morning rush to finally walk through the door. Be the first face someone sees when they visit for the first time.
- Parking - Efficient traffic flow is a key component in the life of a big church. This is the job for those who enjoy games like Tetris, or other forms of organization.
Ready to get connected? For information about volunteering with Welcome Teams, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 979.680.8888.