Small Group Leaders
Thank you for your interest in being a Small Group Leader!
Small Groups are an integral part of what we do as a church. We believe that sustained life change occurs as we are growing in a relationship with Christ, and that this happens best when we are prioritizing intentional relationships with others who are seeking this same goal. Small Groups provide people with the opportunity to connect with others, grow in their relationship with Christ, and experience community. Our Small Group leaders create environments where people have the opportunity to pursue healthy relationships and spiritual growth.
Please read through the information below to better understand the role of a leader, qualifications, and expectations. If, after consideration, you are interested in pursuing Small Group leadership, please follow the instructions below to complete the group leader application. Once we receive your application, we will contact you for an interview.
Role of a Small Group Leader
- Invest in their own spiritual growth
- Help group members take next steps in their spiritual growth
- Have a personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Recognize the Bible as the authority for their lives
- Have time, emotional capacity, and moral discernment to lead a group
- Commit to personal growth in the three vital relationships (intimacy with God, community with each other, influence with the world)
- Lead group members in such a way as to encourage their growth in the three vital relationships
- Lead the group by facilitating the group meeting, monitoring its health and duration, and promoting participation among group members
- Support the purpose, vision, and leadership of Brazos Fellowship
- Engage in leadership development opportunities provided by Brazos Fellowship
- Identify and develop a qualified apprentice and embrace apprentice leader development as a measure of success
Interested? Please click the Small Group Leader Application button below to begin the application process.